Friday, April 30, 2010

Advice for the 2nd Grade Substitute

Max: What does regret mean?

Me: It means that you're sorry you did something. (My curiousity is peaked at this point)

Max: Well, there is something I should tell you. My whole class had to write a letter to our substitute from Monday. Apparently, we talked a lot. And we didn't really listen to her. Though, I don't think it was me.

Me: Max, you talk when you don't have a substitute so I have no doubt you did your share.

Max: OK, I did.

Me: So what did your letter say?

Max: That I was sorry for all that stuff that I did. But you know what else I said in my letter?

Me: What else did you say? (Again, curiousity peaked)

Max: I told the sub the things she did wrong while she was in our class. If we had to talk about what we did wrong, she needed to know what she did too. And I told her. Like how she did the spelling words completely wrong. And other stuff.

Me: I'm not sure what to say about that, Max.

Max: Oh well, she just needed to know for the next time she substitutes.

Me: I bet she's very appreciative of your advice.

Max: Yeah, she probably is. I like to be helpful.

2 comments:

  1. I heard through the grapevine that Monday was a rough day for 2nd grade, and Ms. Phoenix told me that Tuesday wasn't much better. I think these kids are ready to be done with school!

    However, I laughed out loud at this one. I'm sure that substitute was ever so thankful for Max's helpful spirit and suggestions :) I remember the torture we put subs through when I was in school. Glad to know some things haven't changed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that boy is oh so very helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete