Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Perfect Mother's Day


Max: On Mother's Day, you don't have to do anything. Not even any hard stuff. Just what you want to do

Me: That's a great idea. What do you think I would like to do?

Max: You would first go on a run and then go to Starbucks. Then you would eat that omelette thing you like at Jimmy's Egg. I think after that you would go to the mall. You would try on lots of clothes at J Crew and you could take your time because when I am with you I tell you that I am bored. I would even give you $5 to buy that necklace you like. After that you would eat Mexican food because you really like it. I think that's it.

Me: Max, that sounds like a perfect day. How do you know all the things I like to do?

Max: I just do. I know you, Mom.

How lucky am I? Not because he wants me to have the perfect day but because I am Max's mom. No trip to J Crew could match laying in bed watching a video with my sweet boy, which is what we're doing right now. The mall can wait.

To my precious Mom, who taught me what being a mother is all about, I love you! And to all my mom friends who inspire and encourage me every day...Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment