Saturday, February 25, 2012

Checking My Work

Max: Mom, I've noticed something. You haven't posted on Musings by Max in awhile.
Me: Are you checking up on me?
Max: No. Well, kind of. I just like to see what you write.
Me: I am behind. I have lots of ideas in my head and I need to make the time to write.
Max: Well, it is called Musings by Max. Maybe I should just take over.

Ouch. I was definitely called on the carpet by the kid. I do have blog ideas that are great and funny and insightful but I haven't made the time to write them. I have the time, I just need to make the time. Two very different things.

Since I left my full-time, 8-5 job (or 8-8 or 7-9, depending on the day) seven months ago, you'd think I would have all time time in the world to do those things I said I would: cleaning out every cabinet, learn Italian, write more, keep the house clean, take a photography class, organize closets, paint the bedroom and the list goes on. But alas, not so much. What have I done? Treasured seeing Max's smiling face as he runs to the car after school each day, enjoyed yogurt dates to talk about what we both did during the day, cooked more, listened more, become a better yogi, appreciated more, prayed more, walks with the crazy puppy, developed new friendships and learned to love quiet. Much better than cleaning cabinets, if I do say so myself.

But I do love writing and blogging and goodness knows Max gives me plenty of topics to cover. So for this, I will make time. And maybe I will make time for the occasionally cleaning of a closet. Or drawer. But if I fall off the blogging wagon again, know this blog's namesake will gladly take over.

1 comment:

  1. You are quite the woman, friend, wife, mother and businesswoman my dear sweet friend!!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete